Has anyone know about or has used a Flow Switch?

piscis

Has anyone know about or has used a Flow Switch that can be installed in a 6” pipe without stopping production for uninstalling or splitting the pipes apart to connect a “T”?
It would be a plus to have a transmitter and have the actual flow value but for now I can settle for a switch to monitor if water is actually flowing thought the pipes or not.
This is to be used on a water chiller application. Thanks for your answers.

Time of flight ultrasonic is about the only thing that meets your requirements. These just clamp to the outside of the pipe.
If you only want to prove flow you may be able to do that with a differential pressure transmitter connected to a couple of existing points in the line e.g. across a heat exchanger.
Roy

If water just normally cut a hole using a taper tap and get wet screwing in the flow sensor. Normally use a paddle type.

There's also some kinds of mag flow meters (Tyco manufacture them I believe) which can also be clamped onto the wall of an existing pipe (believe it needs to be UDPE pipe or similar).

Ultrasonic would be the other way..