What do you do for sensor guards?

joeparrish

Does anyone have any pictures or ideas for what they use for sensor guards?

I normally try to mount them away from the operator.

But I hvae to put a prox right next to the operator and I need to protect it with out useing a lot of space.

Anyone have any ideas by the way it is a 12 mm prox

Are you trying to protect the head of the prox or the cable?

We have had to make sheetmetal or plexglass gaurds to keep operators feet from breaking cables.

Last edited:
I'll have to look around the plant, nothing great comes to mind.

Most are just a simple plexiglass box.

Although I did see a unique setup on an old machine that went out the door last year.

It was a 1" PVC pipe about 2 foot long. The cable ran inside the pipe and the prox was threaded into a screw-on pipe cap.

This was mounted to the machine using standard pipe clamps.

So it was a slightly flexible, water tight, cheap, sensor mount that didn't look half bad.