Photosensor wiring question

PiperJohn

Maybe a stretch to call this a PLC question, but it does connect to a PLC input.

I have two German switches:
Sick WL9LG-3P2232
And a WL9G-3F2232

The pin out of the first one (WL9LG) pin 4= Q
The second (WL9G) denotes pin 4= /Q

Both are PNP outputs and very similar specs.

I tried swapping the two types expecting it to work in its place except it would have the oposite state.
(Q vs /Q or Normally Open vs Normally Closed)

Both sensors lit up when flagging my hand between sensor and reflector but one sensor did not turn the input on or off.

Both sensors work in other places with the same wiring.

What am I misunderstanding here?

Similar Topics

At some time in the past, someone told me about a card that you could hold in the path of an infrared photo emitter that made the beam visible...
Replies
Views
Any photosensor experts out there? My first photo sensor project and I need some advice. The application is to detect ice falling in an ice pen...
Replies
Views
Posted this to Reddit with little success, so I figured I would share it here as well. Very new to PLCs, but figured I would give it a shot to...
Replies
Views
Hello Folks, Has anyone configured a Momentum high speed counter on Unity 13.1. We need the wiring diagram for Momentum High speed counter and...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, the scenario is: I have already completed the drawing package for my system utilizing an A-B 440R-N23126 (Minotaur) safety relay. SoS...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom