FT View ME disable input

nettogrisen

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

Is there any way in FT View ME to disable the input to a numeric curser input field so that it still displays the value?

Because I want to type in values, but want to be able to lock it, so that only some people can.

Because I want to type in values, but want to be able to lock it, so that only some people can.

Well why didn't you say so?

The only way that I have been able to achieve something similar, is to have a numeral display & numeral input together, with the numeral input completely transparent, and only visible under the required conditions.

Give that a try and see if that does what you want, unless someone else chimes in with another option.

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of.
It's just going to look very messy

You think? I have it so it is not noticable, but does require the knowledge of how it is done, or else one my get confused later....

Could you not put the input field on a screen that requires password access but send that value to a numeric display on the other screen ?

Could you not put the input field on a screen that requires password access but send that value to a numeric display on the other screen ?

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, but ended up just putting the numeric displays on top of the inputs and grouping them.