Disable tag write Diagnostics log in FTView ME ?

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I use the Global Connections feature to write the time from my PanelView Plus to my ControlLogix, and use the Seconds value as a watchdog to confirm that the PV+ is powered up and executing its FactoryTalk View ME application.

One side-effect is that the FactoryTalk Diagnostics log shows the Tag Write every second, which rapidly crowds out any of the other diagnostic functions I want to see in the log.

Does anyone know if the Tag Write diagnostic log function can be disabled, or maybe just for one specific tag ? All I know about is the checkboxes in the Diagnostic List Setup to enable "log messages to printer" on an Error, Warning, Information, or Audit occurrence.

Even when I un-check all of those, the FactoryTalk Diagnostics log continues to log the Write event to my "HMI_Watchdog_Seconds" tag. It has the cartoon speech bubble with a blue "i" so I assume it's considered an "Information" log item.

I use the Global Connections feature to write the time from my PanelView Plus to my ControlLogix, and use the Seconds value as a watchdog to confirm that the PV+ is powered up and executing its FactoryTalk View ME application.

One side-effect is that the FactoryTalk Diagnostics log shows the Tag Write every second, which rapidly crowds out any of the other diagnostic functions I want to see in the log.

Does anyone know if the Tag Write diagnostic log function can be disabled, or maybe just for one specific tag ? All I know about is the checkboxes in the Diagnostic List Setup to enable "log messages to printer" on an Error, Warning, Information, or Audit occurrence.

Even when I un-check all of those, the FactoryTalk Diagnostics log continues to log the Write event to my "HMI_Watchdog_Seconds" tag. It has the cartoon speech bubble with a blue "i" so I assume it's considered an "Information" log item.

I found the same problem, and had a ticket open to Rockwell, with no success.

It is even impacts the Audit Trail, fills that up as well.

I tried to change the settings bellow, but had no effect.

global connect.PNG

Thanks for that insight and especially for that screenshot; they must have enhanced some of the granularity for FTView ME 12 (I'm still running v11).

I think I'm going to switch to regularly sending List Identity commands via MSG instructions to the PV+, which at least lets me verify that it's connected and running its communication drivers, if not its runtime visualization application.

I've had the same issue and figured out the solution. You can't fix it by editing your project. You have to go into the terminal setup. Go to Terminal Settings > Diagnostic Setup > Message Routine > FTView Diagnostic List. Deselect Operator Info, Engineer Info and Developer Info. Return to the main menu and Run Application and it should be fixed.

This will also disable display of any other Information category messages in the Diagnostic List, but for debugging and troubleshooting the Warning and Error messages are usually what's important and those will still come through.

Hope this helps!