Bypass or disable part of a machine

Gabriella0513

Hello, I am still new to PLC programming and I just got this job two year out of school so I don’t remember much. I was given a task were I have to by pass a drill station and a press that puches holes. I haven’t found were I have to this in the program yet. But I’m not sure which of the commands I would have to use to bypass something like that. Any advice would be helpful

Do enough research to understand the sequence of operations. Once you know how the line works, you will be able to identify the PLC outputs that control the functions at the stations to be bypassed. Find the rungs in the PLC program that control those outputs and add logic to prevent them from operating when bypassed.
If the program is written as a sequence of steps it will make your task somewhat easier. There will be logic controlling which PLC outputs are on during each step as well as logic controlling the transition from one step to the next.