disable DHCP server of Stratix 5700

Kataeb

How can we disable the DHCP server on a Stratix 5700 ethernet switch?

It is running on a machine with Rockwell automation and drives.
We connected the G1 (or G2) port, with a fixed ip address, to the engineering office, for monitoring and support.

But the switch is acting as a DHCP server, providing ip addresses to the offices computers!
So, we need to remove all kinds of DHCP on the switch.

1783-BMS20CGN Stratix 5700
https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-us/products/details.1783-BMS20CGN.html

Is this system configured to automatically assign IP addresses to replacement drives? If so, then you should not disable DHCP, if you want to retain this feature.

Plus, connecting automation equipment directly to business networks is usually a bad idea. Suggest you install a hardware firewall between the two networks.

If you need to disable the DHCP server function you will need the login and password for the switch and you need to know the IP address of the Stratix. Then you can use the internal web server, or if you are good at typing (unlike me) and are comfortable with command line interface, there is a way to do this but you need to consult the manual and access the switch with a terminal software using telnet.