Difference Between Intellution Vs Wonderware

Can someone describe the difference between Intellution and Wonderware?

Be more specific . iFix vs Intouch 10?

One thing that impresses with W/W is the licensing utilty. Intouch trust their users and have a simple text file that is easily transported back and forth between PCs.

I hate the proprietary licensing all others have that requires a PHd and and all the planets aligned to transfer a key from one pc to another in the event the original PC failed

Last edited:
I've tried most of the big boys over the past 20 years (WW, RSView32, RSView SE, Intellution, the old FactoryTalk, Onspec, Citech) and always come back to WW. The two deficiencies I don't like about WW in the past (can't speak for 10.0) is their ActiveX container and proprietary scripting language. RSView at least used VBA and had a better ActiveX environment. However, with that said, WW has proven to be more intuitive in development and more stable over the years vs the others.

And I agree....the licensesing is hands down the easiest to maintain (albeit the easiest to circumvent too).

all comes down to trust. If there is a will there is a way someone can crack a licensing scheme.

Agreed....And I don't think Rockwell's approach makes a happy customer base. Just do a search on here for 'license' and see how many rockwell hits come up vs all others. I would say at least 80% or more.

Correct, iFix vs Intouch 10.

From what I recall, with iFix if you wish to communicate to an AB product you need Rslinx, sometimes not a free purchase. With Intouch RSlinx is not required. I have only used Intouch with Contrologix and used the free DASABCIP driver.

From what I recall, with iFix if you wish to communicate to an AB product you need Rslinx, sometimes not a free purchase. With Intouch RSlinx is not required. I have only used Intouch with Contrologix and used the free DASABCIP driver.

The "ABH" driver is a direct driver for AB's DF1 protocol. Used with iFix.

B. Hussein Obama is working on that one...

First step is you are going to have to buy carbon offset's to exhale...

California... True home of the nuts... Bankrupt, yet trying their hardest to force all industry out of the state, but I digress. Did ya'll see where now the San Fran airport has set up kiosks for people to "Voluntarily" purchase carbon offsets before a flight? Sheesh