Flowmeter for Batch Mixer automation project

valuetech

I would apprecaited some help as to selection of the a FLOWMETER.

I understand there are several technologies, each having different set of Pro/Cons over the other.
But, I'm eager to know what has to be expressed by the user, and not the Technical brochure.

Application requires to measure water thats to be fed to the Mixer (a Batch process)
My preference is to give the user the ability to access (change) all the recipe values, from a single source, HMI. (that is why I prefer not to go for customized Flow controlled packages)

I will try to obtain and submit the flow related parameters, once I have them.

Vortex, Magnetic, Ultrasonic, etc?

Secondly, Since I've never used any of these, what would be better to use, an Analog output, a Digital o/p or perhaps a custom desinged controller, considering ease of Integration, maintenance and economy!

Kindest Regards,

I did a similar project using a Load Cell right below the mixer. The amount of water was always between 1.5 to 6 gallons.
These were the steps.
1. Operator makes sure mixer is empty and no other ingredients are inside
2. Operator select recipe on the HMI and press start
3. A RED light is ON
4. PLC will TARE the load cell or reset it to zero
5. A valve opens and water is allowed into the mixer.
6. PLC collects the real time weight data and compares to recipe
7. When preset gallons has been dispensed valve closes.
8. A GREEN light is ON
9. Operator is allowed to pour other ingredients.
Give it a thought, this worked out pretty good!!

Flowmeter change

We have several fowmeters in our production setup,most of them Endress hauser but few abb make.In one application where i control volume to 6 gallon,i use endress hauser promag 53 ip67/nema/type4x.The operator is able to change parameters with ease.i think you can give it a try

I would apprecaited some help as to selection of the a FLOWMETER.

I understand there are several technologies, each having different set of Pro/Cons over the other.
But, I'm eager to know what has to be expressed by the user, and not the Technical brochure.

Application requires to measure water thats to be fed to the Mixer (a Batch process)
My preference is to give the user the ability to access (change) all the recipe values, from a single source, HMI. (that is why I prefer not to go for customized Flow controlled packages)

I will try to obtain and submit the flow related parameters, once I have them.

Vortex, Magnetic, Ultrasonic, etc?

Secondly, Since I've never used any of these, what would be better to use, an Analog output, a Digital o/p or perhaps a custom desinged controller, considering ease of Integration, maintenance and economy!

Kindest Regards,

Is this regular city water and nothing special such as de-ionized water? If plain city water, E&H Promags are the best choice. If you are after accuracy use a 1" line and meter and ensure the meter and the shut off valve are as close as possible to the mixer.