SLC 5/04 with 1747-SDN

jim767

We have a 4 slot SLC (5/04 processor) with a devicenet scanner talking to a remote IO node (using Point IO, 1734-ADN) over devicenet.

We have successfully established the devicenet communication to the remote node and are trying to be able to get the IO to work. We can turn a discrete input on/off (at the physical Point IO node) and see it change state in the “Input” data file in the SLC…which is reading the data in the devicenet scanner.

The problem is that we do not seem to be able to bring the data in from the scanner into the “N71” integer file, per the “copy” instruction on the rung of the ladder.

We believe the ladder rung performs the copy to get the scanner’s data into file n71. We can read the bit of interest in the “Input” file but can not see that bit show up in file n71.

Can anyone give us some pointers here, we only work with SLC's once in a blue moon. Thanks a bunch.

The 1747-SDN has to separate data map areas; the Discrete and the M-File data area.

Slave connections that are mapped into the Discrete data area won't show up in the M-file area; that area is separate.

If you post the *.DNT file, Forum members might be able to help more about specifics. Using aggregating Adapters like the 1794-ADN or the 1734-ADN can be tricky when you're not familiar with the technology.

Thanks Ken, after going back through the association file bridging I could see where there was problem. The program did use the M files.