RS 232 serial interface DB 25 to USB Converter cable for plc.

kiranchand

Hai All,

I have a PLC(MItsubhishi Melsec FX 48 MR) With me, which is having Serial interface DB 25 port on it. If I use DB 25 to usb converter cable is it possible to make a communication between plc and pc. I have the mitsubhishi plc software with me .

Waiting for Reply.

Regrads
Kiran chand .

I have no clue about Mits PLC's, but I used a IOGear USB to Serial converter on my cable that attaches to the SLC 500 9 pin D sub port.

If you have a DB25 cable, you are going to need a DB9 to DB25 also. I have not seen a USB to Serial converter cable with a DB25 end. All the ones I have seen are DB9 out.

This is the one I have http://www.iogear.com/product/GUC232A/

If you have a DB25 cable, you are going to need a DB9 to DB25 also.

No... its a RS422 port on the PLC, there are also more part numbers needed to be sure, but if you have a SC-09 cable then you should be good to go, there are also USB-SC09's

If you want to use a USB to serial adapter then look at Keyspan... they are good and have very good troubleshooting software that will help you in the future