"Other" Siemens MPI adapters

shaun_nel

Hello All,

While browsing eBay recently for cheap second hand PLC's for some home automation ideas I have, I came across a manufacturer that makes no-name brand Siemens USB/MPI adapters, amongst other things. The sellers / company name was Compmanufacturer and they seem to have a very high customer satisfaction rating. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? The price is very reasonable, so I was wondering if it was worth taking a chance?
Any advice most welcome.

Regards,
Shaun.

I have some of those cables and have never had an issue. Some of them seem to be cheaper made (i.e. thinner insulation, cheaper cable, etc.) but for me, I don't use the same cables every day, and they perform to my satisfaction.

Mine are good and they are also on there, none of them are as good as Siemens... but thats the trade for the cheaper version, some are limited to speed, some claim to work with ProfiBus (but will not), some will last a couple of months then burn up (I have a life time replacement), but they are cheaper then the originals

Here are my MPI's http://stores.shop.ebay.com/plc-tra...bZ1296956015QQ_sidZ644998925?_nkw=siemens+mpi

Many thanks for the prompt replies. Unfortunately this is a case of closing the barn door after the horse has escaped. I have already purchased one of these units off eBay and the quality seems to be alright. However, I never recieved a driver CD, so I cannot use it with my Simatic Manager - it is unrecognised. Does anyone know where I can get the proper driver for this device? I tried a generic driver off the net but to no avail.

Thanks.

However, I never recieved a driver CD, so I cannot use it with my Simatic Manager - it is unrecognised. Does anyone know where I can get the proper driver for this device? I tried a generic driver off the net but to no avail.

Thanks.

Can you email the person you bought it from?? they should have a support website.. you may want to try mine http://www.plctrainer.net/SupportDownloads.htm

Most of the USB part of the cables should be close and may just work

Mark