three wire transmitter connection

panthripu

Hi everybody
How can i connect a 3wire transmitter(4-20mA) to analog input card of siemens PLC S7-300/400.
One of my transmitter with two wire (4-20mA) failed.Right now i have similar type of tranmitter with three wire.What changes should i do to fix it with old card ?
In this new transmitter i see three terminals (+)power(7-30vdc) , (s)signal 2-20mA,(-)ground.

help

hi
thanks friend , but it seems very easy for you but for me , i m really confused.You might be talkinga bout some other PLC but in simens i see two terminals for one channel.:rolleyes:

Every PLC have 2 terminal each input + & -.
- can come from power supply or from the sensor.
If you have Transducer you might have 2 output wires.+&-.
They go to your card + to +,- to -,

3 wire analog input wiring

hi
It seems mickey is right to some extent.The power supply is part of input card if the card is configured for two wire.So +ve supply will be available at +ve of the analog channel and it will be connected to +ve of transmitter.
The signal wire will come back to -ve of the analog channel. and GND or -ve should be connected to -ve of power supply for card.