Help to identify motor leads

hotrod

I have a three phase 480 volt motor with six leads, but I can only identify the three sets of coils, unable to find the start and finish if that makes any sense, I heard in the past you could use low a/c voltage to identify the leads?.

Interesting problem. I like the low voltage AC method Bernie pointed to.
I remember being shown (45 years ago) as an apprentice how to do it with a compas or bar magnet on a string (need to pull the rotor out). Energise one coil at a time with a dry cell, when you get it right the compas points around the rotor one coil at a time.
Roy

Similar Topics

All, I attached some photos of some equipment that I picked up at an auction, but I'm having some difficulty identifying it and finding any...
Replies
Views
I have about 60 electrical enclosures (8" x 10" x 6") that I want to get replacement doors for. I have been looking through online catalogs but I...
Replies
Views
any input would be appreciated! we had one over head conveyor system, we need to identify every moving mustache position at loader and unloader to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. First post and of course it's a question begging an answer. I am finally getting back into PLCs after years of Field Engineering. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I need some help identifying this plc. It´s rebranded by an oem manufacturer and I would like to upload a backup in case of failure and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom