please help getting online machine down

joeparrish

Ok we got a new machine in and it has a new style plc in in I need to get online with it

I have no clue what I am doing wrong

please guide me getting online with it

not sure if I need to change my ip address or what I have only used dfi and pic drivers in the past

not sure f I use a ethernet device
or a ethernet ip
so I was hopeing for help

Plc is a ab micrologix 1100
wired to a phoenexx contact with the hmi

the plc ip address is 192.168.1.10

Well, tell us what you did thus far.

A few things I can thing of..

- Wrong ethernet cable, if going directly to the PLC, you need a crossover cable.

- Wrong IP on your PC, you will need a compatible IP address.. say something like 192.168.1.XXX unless there's properly configured router.

- Properly set up RSLinx driver for Ethernet or Ethernet IP. Either should work. For Ethernet, you need to add the PLC as a device.

So, what's the IP of your PC? Can you Ping the PLC?

the plc has a ethernet wire going to the phoenex contact ethernet switch as well as the hmi then there is a spot to hook more up wrote right next to this it says

192.168.1.10 plc ip
192.168.1.20 hmi ip

the plc has a ethernet wire going to the phoenex contact ethernet switch as well as the hmi then there is a spot to hook more up wrote right next to this it says

192.168.1.10 plc ip
192.168.1.20 hmi ip

OK, a couple things:
1) Phoenix Contact is a company that makes a ton of different products. Referring to your Ethernet switch as a Phoenix Contact does nothing but confuse us.

2) Most new Ethernet switches, including those from Phoenix Contact support autocrossing functionality, so you can plug-in your laptop using any cable (straight-through or crossover) and the switch will sense the connection type and just work.

3) Your laptop's IP address should be set in the same subnet as the devices that you are connecting to. In your case that probably means 192.168.1.xx where xx is some number 1-254 other than 10 or 20.

4) As someone already said, you can verify that Ethernet communications are working by pinging the device that you are attempting to communicate with. To do this, open a command prompt Start->Run->"CMD" (type without quotes) At the command prompt, type "Ping 192.168.1.10" again, without qotes.

5) When you succeed in getting Ethernet comms functioning, then you can/should configure your software (probably RSLinx) to communicate with the device to do whatever it is that you need to do.