mx sheet with Allen Bradley

a11anjones

Hello everyone,

I have recently been trying to learn about Mx sheet on excell. This software primarily is designed to work on mitsubishi controllers. Although I have read that it can work 3rd party plc controllers via a GOT ( HMI ) . Does anyone know if it possible to run mx sheet with an Allen Bradley controller via an E700 mitsubishi HMI on ethernet.And if so how? đź“š

Regards , Allan.

Not sure about MX Sheet but you can set the E series HMI to two different protocols i.e. 232/422 to the AB plc then set the Ethernet to say mitsubishi & pass data from one to the other.
This is done using Functions\Data xchange.
You set up triggers (plc bits or time based) from one controller to the other i.e. N7:0 to D100 at 1 second rate.
The trouble is that MX component expects the controller it's talking to to be a real plc where the data from the AB to mitsi is data being sent to controller i.e. mx expects to be master requesting data but the data exchange is the master trying to pass to a mitsi plc.
not sure if this will work. as there is no protocol for MX Sheet