Pulling Cell information from an Excel Spread sheet to Use in a PLC

beauedgar89

Is it possible to pull information from a specific cell in an excel spreadsheet and use it in a program? I am wanting to display a time amount for my operators to see. The time amount depends on the recipe they are running and the number of containers being loaded. So I have the information in a cross reference table in a spreadsheet. Would that be possible?

If it's rockwell there is DDE via linx, or I believe there is something called OPC2xl that will create a link, if it's some other PLC then you would need something like an OPC server with the correct driver & OPC2xl.

Python could be a way.
OpenpyXL to read info from the excel file cell and Pylogix to use that info in order to write it to the PLC.
Dustin you are the one, Drbitboy you are the other man.