Remote Support of Powerflex 700 Drives

The Plc Kid

We have a sister plant and their maintenance dept has very little skills in automation and controls.

I am looking for a way to support powerflex 700 drives remotely.

Currently we have 2 gateway computers that we can remote access and it has a pci card for connection to the plant data highway network.

Most processors are slc 5/04 and various models of plc 5 processors. The majority of the i/o and all drives on these systems are on RIO.

Is there anyway to connect to these drives with drive executive over rio? and connect from rio to DH+?

I believe you can use RSLinx Gateway to connect the 2 Linx networks, which would enable you to see both from either side.

Let me understand this correctly, you have a SLC 5/04, connected to a Powerflex through RIO ? You can put a NET-ENI card in the system, talk to the SLC 5/04 through Ethernet and using linx, you can scan the backplane of the 5/04 and see the RIO Scanner module,
which in turn should be connected to your Powerflex!