Norwegian Christmas Light Project 2009

kas_

K
Hi all!
Every year I been used too have a christmas three at my workplace, but this year we did`t have one. Sow I wanted too make one with some flashing lights :p
I alsow think this got to be one of worlds most expensive christmas three fore it size 80cm, with a cost price at 10,000us$ (but I used spare parts).

- 1. cardboard plate
- 16. LED Lights
- 1. Siemens S7-400 PLC
- 1. ET200B 32DO
- 1. ET200B 24\8 DI\DO
- 1.pack Green POST-IT for the three color
- 1.pack Yellow POST-IT for yhe three foot

I have also made a game with it, The lights flashes random and you have to push a buton when the white chrismas star flash, and somethig funny happens, I would like to give a 1000v stun when they miss, but no one liked that ide :p

VIDEOS----VIDEOS----VIDEOS

In the wideos a use a button to go through 5 FC`s with different light effects, including the game(is the one thats goes nuts).

In the rom with lights: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x1n2k0rzdme/Norwegian_Christmasthree02.wmv

In the rom with out lights: http://www.mediafire.com/file/oj4zhgjcyzt/Norwegian_Christmasthree01.wmv

Hope you guys like it, because I had verry fun makeing the three :)

Regards
KAS

Man, that is awesome!

Back when I was starting with PLC's in the plant we received a Modicon Micro PLC as part of a startup kit. I used it to do something like your tree but not nearly as fancy. Mine used A-B pilot lights in 6-hole pushbutton enclosures and a bank of icecube relays and some small IEC starters on exposed DIN rail. I used sequencer instructions to make a light show and the relays and starters provided great sound effects. I put this whole rig on the outside door of a cabinet just inside the maintenance workshop. It was quite annoying to many, yet fascinating to most. Click Click Click Thump Click Click all while the lights danced around. There was a button to press to start the show, it lasted about 90 seconds. Your post brought back memories of learning and how much fun PLC's and controls really are!

Now - your video with the lights on is a great introduction and I recommend people to download that first - as in the order you posted the links. You can see the S7-400 PLC with the lights on. The second link with the light out... WOW!!! It's a must see...

Hi Paul B! Thanks for the post, great reading :D
Do I hear a challenge next year maybe? :p
Yes i Know what you mean about the "Click Click Click Thump Click Click", I had to use 6. relays because i hade to use 6. 230V LED`s. But likewise I think it brings it some good nostalgic feeling about it :)

I am now working on to take it too the Next level, making som new effects and perhaps make it synchronize with a music sample.
Got big goals, sow have to wait and see what comes out of it.

Regards
KAS