Hazardous Location Question

Clay B.

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am pretty sure it doesn't exist but I was asked by one of our sales guys. So here goes

Has anyone heard of an area classification of:

Class 1 Division 2 Group G

Group G is listed as "Atmospheres containing combustible dusts having resistivity of 10 5 ohm-centimeter or greater."

Customer came back with correct classification....Now sure how they came up with the first one though

Actual classification Class 1 Division 1 Group D

To me, Class I and Group G don't go together. I could see Class II, Div ? Group G but not Class I

Same here any time I hear group E thru G I think Class 2
Group A thru D I think Class 1.

Thanks for the responces fellas

Similar Topics

I have a similar application, but mine is in a hazardous location. Thus far I'm coming up empty for solutions. The client would like to lock some...
Replies
Views
I kind of thought that this topic has been discussed. But a search produced no good threads. I am setting up a control panel in a process room for...
Replies
Views
Would a RTD be considered a “non-incendiary” device suitable for use in a Class 2 Div 2 area? The transducer for the RTD would be located in a...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to design a motor control panel (basically pushbuttons and lights with some IO blocks in an enclosure) for use in a Class 1 Zone 1...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I was curious if anyone has heard or used any RFID equipment in a Class 1 Division 2 hazardous location. Methane gas is the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom