connecting encoder with ge fanuc plc

sriishivaram

In a bias cutter m/c a GE Fanuc 28 point PLC with Jayshree make encoder has been used.Now encoder has failed.Now I want to replace the encoder with Autonics make with same configuration.(1000 ppr/24v/3channel-A,B,Z)Will it be okay.Also in the PLC input common +24v is used.Encoder output A and B are used.(output from encoder is Totem pole output)Please let me know the outputpulse from encoder is +ve pulse or -ve pulse

I'd like a little more info:
What model PLC - what part number module does the encoder wire to?
What model encoder?
What I'd do is compare the encoder spec sheet to the plc spec sheet.

That being said, encoders are somewhat common in the way they work. You put excitation voltage to them and they output square waves. In my experience if you hook them up wrong they signal the wrong direction or they just don't work. If the old encoder and the new encoder are the same excitation voltage then I think you'll be fine.