iphone

jimcav

going out on a lim here i have had my iphone now for a year and i love it, it is jailbroken. has anyone set it up to connect to any allen bradley equipment? if so what did you use and connect it to.

Thanks
Jim Cav

I haven't sent any iPhone apps yet. The only thing I have been able to do is look at the web page configuration of the 5000 platform.
Jailbroke iphone: tsk tsk tsk :)

They were 'broke' before they were released.
Great idea crippled by Apple so they cam make lots of money with an absolutely lousy camera.
Have been looking for a replacement since I got mine.
The Nokia N97 may be the go - have to investigate further.

going out on a lim here i have had my iphone now for a year and i love it, it is jailbroken. has anyone set it up to connect to any allen bradley equipment? if so what did you use and connect it to.

Thanks
Jim Cav

There is an app called ScadaMobile that will do that for you. I started using it for Omron PLCs but they claim to support Allen Bradley too. You have to create a csv file to configure it, which is a bit tricky, but it works very well. This app literally flies when monitoring PLC data through WiFi.

I hope this helps.

Joan