OT. Android/IPhone Apps: I want to make 1

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an Idea For a phone app. In Relation to our Jobs. But I need help either learning to make An App for a phone or someone who is competent to make the app. Anyone on here do it or know someone who does? So far I have a working version written in Basic running on an emulator on my phone but I want to make an actual app. do I can give it to some people I know easier

If you know basic and then i can recommend B4A(BasicForAndroid).

I have done a couple of android apps using B4A and i find it easy to work with especially the debugging and hot code swap over wifi is really good. B4A also has a great community.

There is also B4I so you can port most of your code to IOS.

Another tool that targets multiple OS is Xamarin but then you need to program in C#.

I have never worked with B4I but I can help you get started with B4A if you want

Developing for android is not very hard using Android Studio, or using the latest Visual Studio with Apache Cordova. I have done some developing in both of these. In the past I had to use good ole Eclipse and it can be a nightmare...

I would prefer to use Visual Studio for my developing, but have not found a way to utilize the backdoor of "@JavascriptInterface" which is the backbone of the apps I've worked on...

If you want to develop for an iPhone you will need a Mac computer. Programming is done in Xcode which is free.

Best online class for learning Xcode/Swift is a free class from Stanford CS193p taught by Paul Hagerty. Just search YouTube for CS193p