Click plc to android hmi app issue

jrbe

Hi. I have a click C0-11DRE-D plugged in to a dedicated WiFi router (without internet.)
I'm struggling to get any bit / bool to display properly on Android hmi apps. All bit addresses show as a 1 / on in the Android app even though they are off / 0.
I have some analog signal inputs that are displaying properly through the app. They display pressures and levels as they should. It's just all of the bit addresses that are always read as 1 for some reason that I'm struggling with, and is happening in 2 different apps.
​​​​​​There are other bit addresses too with the same issue. I did try adding 1 to the address which did not help.
I did have to check swap words so the level and pressure sensors worked and displayed properly.
Any idea what I'm missing / doing wrong? I'm completely new to modbus and communication with a plc.

Screenshot_20200206-181842_Suppanel.jpg Screenshot_20200205-191239_Suppanel.jpg 20200206_181120.jpg

If you have tried several apps and they are all showing 1 instead of the expected 0 then the problem is on the PLC side, here is a nice example video of Suppanel configuration connected to an AutomationDirect PLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB6m1HXsaVc

Also if Holding Registers are well read, (those with an address of type 40xxxx), in your PLC program you can set/reset a bit of the 16-bit register and read it from Suppanel as a BOOL with the address 40xxxx.Y

Y is the bit number from 0 to 15

Last edited:
Thanks lfe. I did follow the written directions for that video. There is a step by step here, https://accautomation.ca/suppanel-android-hmi-to-click-plc/#more-4363

I dont have the rs485 part. Just reading from the plc. I do not have any communication in my program / subprogram.

For some reason his setup was accessing both int and bool values fine without swap words checked.

If i uncheck swap words my real values show a bunch of numbers instead of actual values. bool do not show properly with swap words checked or unchecked.

Thank you for the suggested workaround. That worked perfectly! I wrote Y1-Y7 states to DF31-DF37 and used the DF addresses in place of the y1-y7 addresses in the HMI android app.

Good !

The swap words option only affects to double word data types DINT, UDINT and REAL. It exists because Modbus does not define in what order the words are sent, some devices send the most significant word first and others do the opposite.

Last edited: