SLC 500 program to CL 5000 using indexed addressing

kab3472

I have a complex SLC program that used doubel index addressing. For example N[N47:162]:[N47:1]. When it coverts through the AB conversion tool in comes into logix 5000 as N[N47_162][N47_1] with a PCE (program conversion error). Anyone out there now to to solve this problem?

I don't think you can use two indirect portions in the same field in C-logix.

Perhaps the data needs to be restructured as an array with two dimensions?

Why can't you create a 2x2 array of DINTs or INTs? Call it "N" if you like. The difference it that you can't use N[ X[x], Y[w] ] in an instruction but with a two more move instructions preceding, you can do
MOV X[x] A
MOV Y[w] B
so that N[A,B] would be valid.

Similar Topics

Hi all I have a SLC 5/04 with a BAS module sending print data to a dot matrix printer. In the Basic program in this module, there are what...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I would like to test some message instructions , and other modifications in a SLC 500 5/05 Processor in the office without 2...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of a free program I can use to upload the program from an AB SLC 500 Fixed and read the error code? I don't want to do any work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to integrate my system with a Rockwell SLC-500 PLC. I have the program for the Rockwell PLC with me. I have downloaded the...
Replies
Views
A few months ago we had a issue with a 5/04 not working properly and when a compare was done it was found to have a rung missing in the 5/04. It...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom