SLC 500 fixed program upload

Does anyone know of a free program I can use to upload the program from an AB SLC 500 Fixed and read the error code? I don't want to do any work on the machine until I know that I have the program copied.
Or possibly someone in the Hollywood, CA area that will upload the ladder logic and decipher the error code for me? I have a 1747-UIC cable and RSLogix Micro Starter Lite and RSLinx Classic Lite but I've been told they will not read the AB SLC 500 fixed? Any input or help is appreciated.

Marty o_O

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

There is a utility derived from AI-500 DOS software that will upload from fixed SLC-500 controllers without an activation.

It's only available via the Rockwell Knowledgebase, so you need a TechConnect contract. Or, your local A-B distributor may be able to provide it for you.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21960

The RSLinx Classic settings that will let you use a 1747-UIC are also in the Knowledgebase (Access Level: Everyone):

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/67110