vga monitor keeps going to sleep

jimcav

i have a vga monitor that has to input one is a 15 pin high density sub d the other is a yellow composite video in. i am using the yellow video in for a camera. Is there something i could do to the 15 pin connector so it does not go to sleep?

Thanks
jim cav

I would think that you'd need to contact the manufacturer of the monitor and provide them the details of the application in order to get an answer for this.

I'll take a stab. Sounds like he is trying to only use the composite input without the VGA input. You could try a VGA tester like this. http://www.cdadapter.com/vgaplus.htm

But, in doing this is seems you're going to be building something special that would be hard to maintain in the future. If your monitor is unique it will difficult to find a replacement. Instead I'd suggest you look for a composite video to VGA adapter. Then any computer monitor could be used instead of your special one. http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio...posite-video-to-vga/c10000-c11200-c11201.html

I would think that most of the modern flat screen monitor/TV units have a composite video in connector. Since they are made for video, they should not time out.

If your VGA monitor is old, it would be up to manufacturer to tell you what to do.