Linear Motor / actuator

valuetech

A R&D project, designing sort of a DENSI-METER (hardness tester), to check density of soft products.

Looking for a compact version of a motor to give us LINEAR MOTION of maximum 10mm, with an accuracy of 0.05mm (If possible), as with all R&D projects, ECONOMY of the instrument has to be kept in mind.

The maximum force on the shaft would be around 2~3kgs MAX.
and the shaft has to move back and forth.

No criteria for the Physical properties (except compactness) or control side, as the system is still in designing phase.

what options do I have, perhaps a linear gear motor? actuator? not sure as I have never used such things.

Any suggestions?

Similar Topics

Hello, I am looking for a stocking vendor of linear motors. Who do you suggest for best on-the-shelf selection? Thanks Joe
Replies
Views
I spent quite a bit of time researching LinMot Linear Motors, after it was suggested, on this forum, that they would be the best actuator for my...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking for a linear servo motor for metal forming applications. We already were using a forming machine driven by a high performance (High...
Replies
Views
Hi Is there anyone out there that has programmed a LinMot Driver/Controller, and used a PLC (perhaps Siemens S7 1200) to run it? I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I have Linear Rail/Step motor connected to my Beckhoff through EtherCat. I am just started to program this PLC systems. My project right now is to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom