S7-200 PLC Software in new PLC

kpakhtar

Hi, Every Dear forum Friend
The Hardware of my one PLC (6ES7 214-1BD22-0XB0)has damaged and I want to copy the programme in new PLC but Software is Password Protected. Kindly help me to copy the programme in new PLC or any way to recover the Password. Regards

Don't know how to override the password and wouldn't tell you if I did. But depending on what hardware is damaged you may be able to use parts from a new PLC to repair the old one. The S7-224 splits down in to various pcbs, a relay board, a cpu board etc.

Bryan

Dear BryanG,
Thank you for the message. You are right that parts may be replaced but sometimes even the software is damaged. Most of the Machinery Manufacturers, normally intimate the Password to their Customers but the supplier from whom, we purchased the Machinery is reluctant to do so.

Dear BryanG,
Thank you for the message. You are right that parts may be replaced but sometimes even the software is damaged. Most of the Machinery Manufacturers, normally intimate the Password to their Customers but the supplier from whom, we purchased the Machinery is reluctant to do so.
Sorry to say so, but the supplier is right, unless there was a clause in the contract which forces him to supply the password. Most suppliers handle like this one because they see too much of their programs being copied. It looks as if the only things you can do, is to kindly ask him to replace the PLC and to pay for it or to sew him (if you can build a case).

One thing you won't find here is a manual on how to bypass copy protection. I have already explained the reason why in your previous post about this issue. There you didn't mention the reason why you needed to copy the program, only you wanted to copy it.

Regards,

try to repair the old one from the new one or contact your supplier for the password.... or rebuild the software on new plc....