MVI56-MCM in Controllogix remote Rack?

wilsonzhu

Hi all,

Can Prosoft MVI56-MCM modbus card be loacted in the AB Controllogix remote rack connected by controlnet network? or it must be in the local rack? Thanks.

Yes, the MVI56-MCM may be located in a ControlNet or EtherNet/IP linked remote chassis.

However, the MVI56-MCM connection is very large and will consume a great deal of bandwidth on the network.

Prosoft builds a version of the module that is specifically designed for remote ControlNet chassis, called the MVI56-MCMR.

The "R" stands for "Reduced Data Block".

ProSoft recently released an enhanced platform for the MVI56 modules, including a MVI56E-MCMR reduced data block module.

http://psft.com/prosoft/products/for_rockwell_automation/platform/controllogix/mvi56e_mcmr