How to read modbus address 40100 to 48100 using one MVI56-MCM

harrykenkeen

Dear Members,
I am using AB PLC with MVI56-MCM to read data from modbus address 40100-48100 from ABB Drive. How could I do it with one MVI56-MCM as it is mentioned that Read register Count limit to 5000 registers only? I only need about 30 readdata only, 2 of them are from address 48xxx.

Thanks.

Last edited:
As far as I know, you have to call the Modbus address for it's value, and it replies with that value. So in you're case, you have to call only those 30 readdata addresses.

Hope this helps...

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, I am working on a project that needs to expose the SV (Set Value) of a temperature controller to a SCADA system. SCADA <-...
Replies
Views
Hello, I set up my Micro820 with a basic mapping. When I try to run a script to read the addresses I get errors for illegal addresses...
Replies
Views
I have Micro850 with module 2080-Serialisol. It is needed to read 5 registers from a device via Modbus RTU. The device is Ok, I can read the data...
Replies
Views
I am working on a project, inside an AB CLX, I implemented the Modbus TCP Client AOI published on AB website, to interreact with a Modbus ASCII...
Replies
Views
How do I read IO Buffer Modbus Coils by bits in RSLogix? There is a Read Coil 36 at bit 0, read Coil 37 at bit 1, read Coil 38 at bit 2. I'm...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom