How do I install Siemens COM ET200?

Hello,

We have a customer with obsolete S5 Profibus hardware who needs to re-program the Profibus network but does not have the tools necessary. We have established that he needs COM ET200 and I downloaded the installation files for both version 4.1 and 4.2 from the web. Unfortunately, they do not come with any installation instructions. I have tried moving the files to the S5_Home directory and then try to access them through the Change > Others menu option in S5, but all I get is the DOS window hanging with a blank screen and not opening the program. Any help would be very gratefully received. Attached is a screen dump of the ET200 installation files I have. I am running S5 v7.23 on a Siemens Field PG with Windows XP SP3 operating system.

COM ET200.JPG

The Install.bat file should do the trick. open a comand prompt window, navigate the directory with the installation files then type "install" followed by enter.

If you intend to reprogram an IM308B then you'll need the ability to re-program the Eprom - Your PG may or may not have this feature. If you intend to reprogram an IM308C then you might have more joy using Com Profibus V5.1

Nick