GX developer com problems with FX1N

AndersW

I got some wierd communication problems when i try to hook my laptop up with an FX1N system

made an empty project for an FX2N system and tested the cables and it worked fine there so as far as i can tell the com port is set right and the cables are working as they should

anyone have any ideas what the problem can be?

Also should it be posible to put a PLC into run when its new ie empty? because the FX1N system doesnt go into run when i flick the switch

thanks in advance

Anders

Not clear what was the test with FX2N empty project. Did you communicate with FX2N?

If your FX1N is empty (or assumed empty), try PLC ALL CLEAR command to ensure it is empty.
If it contains a project, it may be configured for non-default communication format.

FX-series PLC cannot run if empty- program error will apply.

The ability to communicate on default port does not depend on PLC run/stop status.

yeah the FX2N project was empty and yeah the communication link worked between them but i cant get it to work with the FX1N system when i use the same settings :(

Have you tried going to online in GX program toolbar and selecting transfer setup then click connection test. youcan check what com port your using there as well.

Liam

Yeah tried that too, looks like the PLC was broken somehow got another FX1S and it worked right away just like an FX2N did

wierd stuff

thanks for all the replies people