Micrologix 1100

VJTX

I am going to do my first project with the 1100. Can I program this via the ethernet port. I will also have an OI on the ethernet port, so I was wondering if I added a switch if I could program the 1100 thru it? thanks in advance.

Yes you can. You are probably going to want a switch anyway unless you want to hook up the OI with a crossover cable.

There is a special tech note on online programming over ethernet with the ML1100. You have to change a setting in RSLinx in order to do it, otherwise it will fail.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=233933&postcount=10

Just mentioning it because I recently had a project with 8 ML1100's and an ethernet switch, and I tried to modify the programs while online, and it kept failing on me until I found this note.

Last edited: