RSLogix 500 Database

shoelesscraig

When I create a PanelView program, I use an Excel spreadsheet to easily create and paste a tag database into PanelBuilder, especially when the program involves lots of sequential tags (Conveyor 1, Conveyor 2, ....etc.).

As far as RSLogix 500 is concerned, if I do not have the Professional version, what can I do to easily and quickly create the instruction descriptions and symbols, etc. I know with the Professional edition, the Excel option is there, but I don't have that with Standard. Any ideas?

Without the Professional version, you can still export the database into a csv file.
You can then edit this csv file within excel, and re-import it to the PLC file.

I would add descriptions to some addresses first, so that you can see the correct format in the csv file.

Yeah, use the Tools-Database-ASCII Export to get the .csv file. The "Edit with Excel" option in the Pro version just cuts out the need to manually export and then manually import.

OG

Awesome guys! Thanks for the help. There's no telling how many hours you may have just saved me on my upcoming project.