export database from RSLogix 500 to Cmore v2.73

leonlai

I export Database from RSLogix 500 in .CSV and try to import them to C-more
however, Cmore said "Error GUI-179 : File does not contain any valid Records."
What did I do wrong ?

Make sure you have already set up the device as pointing to the proper type Allen Bradley. When importing make sure to check the box 'AB SLC and Micrologix'

Otherwise, open the CSV you have created from the AB project and check its contents.

I also found that if you have your addressing in RSLogix set to "File/Bit" instead of "File:Word/Bit" it won't import everything correctly. I had to switch over to File:Word/Bit before exporting my database and importing it to the C-more project. The C-More program doesn't support File/Bit addressing for AB PLCs.

Thanks Bernie, it works when I check the box A-B SLC and MicroLogix !

Tharon : what it means addressing in RSLogix set to File/Bit ?? In RSLogix 500, I click : Tool-->database--> ASCII Export --> CSV tab choose box Addr/Symbol Desc. only. so what "Set to File/Bit" is ?

Tharon is referring to the different ways that the address of bit type information can be displayed.

For example B3:2/5 (Word/Bit) can also be displayed as B3/37 (file/bit). The latter considers the B3 file as one continous set of bits.

Tharon suggests that a viewing setting of word/bit works better when exporting than a setting of file/bit.

Last edited:
Thanks Bernie, I learned something new today.
One more thing, when I checked the database of RSLogix, I saw: I:0.6 , I:0.7 and I:0/6 , I:0/7 ; what the different between them ?

(I'm trying to learn PLC and C-more by opening and read through the existing code for Micrologix 1400, C-more and electrical scheme. I also have some basic knowledge of PLC programming ! Do you have any suggestions to self-educate to be a control engineer who can do wire and do program for a control pannel ?)

Thanks a lot !

I:0.6 - Seventh word (0 being the first) of the input in slot 0.

I:0.7 - eighth word

I:0/6 - Seventh bit (in word 0 which isn't stated)

I:0/7 - Eighth bit

I = Input
:0 = slot zero, which is not seen as inputs or outputs on modular CPUs. It's the main unit on Micrologix or the 'fixed' style SLC500s