Small Crisis-PB32 will not transfer files

WireGuy1950

I am suddenly having problems downloading from PB32 (v. 3.82.01)to my PanelView 1000's.

The computer(s) are a Dell Latitude D505 running Windows 2000 pro with latest updates, and a Dell Latitude D610 running Widows XP with SP3.

Whenever I go to download through the File utility it shuts off the computer and I get a blue screen memory dump.

The hard drives are a little full, but RSLogix500 and RSLinx work fine with the PCMK cards. I can see the PV on the RSlinx screen and on the RSlogix screen but PB just won't connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Windows XP Service Pack 3 was supposed to be a security and stability update, but Microsoft included a significant change to the serial port driver, serunum.sys.

This broke untold numbers of existing serial communication programs, including RSLinx and the PanelBuilder32 download utility.

If at all possible, find an XPSP2 computer and copy the serenum.sys file from it to your SP3 box.

I can't explain the behavior of the Windows 2000 SP4 computer. The fact that it crashes (with a BSOD !) tends to make me think maybe the serenum.sys isn't at fault.

Oh, and don't forget: PanelView Standard terminals with 3.0 or better firmware (10 years or so old) support PCMCIA "ATA" memory cards for application transfer, including CompactFlash cards in PCMCIA Type II adapters.

I highly recommend using the memory card to transfer files. It is much faster and more reliable. All you have to do is save the file as a .pva file type, then copy it to the root of the memory card.

Also, you might try using RSLinx as the communication method instead of the built in file transfer utility.

Hi,
The only time I have seen an AB program crash the PC is when I had the PCMK driver setup wrong in RSLinx. Something to do with interrupts or base addresses.

BD

Hi,
The only time I have seen an AB program crash the PC is when I had the PCMK driver setup wrong in RSLinx. Something to do with interrupts or base addresses.

BD

This one?

<li class="Item"> 33760 - Loading driver for PCMK crashes computer.
If the KT driver which is used for the PCMK card is added in incorrectly, then the computer will crash when starting the driver. The wrong driver type was loaded, the driver type should have...
Access Level: TechConnect

I have seen RSLinx do this, and had to re-install it. You could also look at installing a newer revision.

Stu.....