I need help from the forum please

peoplehouse

We are in the process of trying to upgrade from 1336plus drives w/GM1 RIO to PF70 and 20commR.
After 3 days of research I finally got to bench test a small set up using a PLC5/40, PF70 and a 20comm RIO. I can't get it to work.
The code has no BTW/R just logic command/status.
Example: O:122-Logic command
O:123-Speed reference
I:122-Status
I'm sure that I have all switches on the RIO set correctly. I/O config looks...well I'm having doubts. Channel config 1B should be good and I've set the parameters in the drive to DPI PORT 5.
I have solid green LED's on the processor for channel 1B and solid green for PORT, MOD and NET A on the RIO. (NET B is blank)and the PF70 status LED is blinking green.
Please don't tell me that I have to add BTW/R's to the code because I've never used them.
Whatever you can throw at me to try would be greatly appreciated. even if it's just: HAVE YOU CHECKED THE CABLING?
Thank you in advance
Jeff

If you are setting up the drive for 1/4 rack you will have to do a BTR and a BTW for the speed reference and command. If you set it up for 1/2 rack you do not have to use the BTR and BTW. I pulled my hair out on my first 1336 to Powerflex conversion. Once you get the RIO figured out it is very easy. Refer to the manual for the 20COMM-R. It is has good examples for the SLC, PLC5 and CLX.

Thanks RS, I just set it up for 1/2 rack. I'm still having problems. The logic mask is correct but when I look at the read only start or jog owner it is all zero's.
Yes my hair is almost pulled completly out.
Jeff

SUCCESS, Thank you RS for making me read the user manual again. When I set up the RIO for 1/2 rack and then configuring channel 1b I didn't catch that word 0 or the 1st word is reserved for BT control. That is the word I was using for logic command. Once I changed the addressing and used word 2 in the group for command and word 3 for speed reference it worked.
I'm now 90% sure that I can make it work in the real world when we have a 1336 fail.
Thanks again, my hair is growing back!
Jeff