RSVIEW 32 Numeric inputs

protrac231

Goodmorning all. Does anyone have a method of entering numeric data on RSView 32 without that annoying default dashed line around the input point?

Any help would be great.

That "dashed line" is the Focus indicator. If you change the check box on the property called something like "can receive focus" that should get rid of the dashed line around it.

Mind you, I don't know if that'll change how it works. My knowledge of PV programming software is bad, at best. Anyway, hope that helps.

You cannot do that is RSView 32.

In FactoryTalkView SE you can also make the input field transparent. I would like to be able to do that also. Not sure if their is a way in 32.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Well, there goes my idea. Is there a way to change how the focus looks?

I don't have the free time to check this out on my own right now, but if nobody responds by the time I do have free time, I'll check it out.

Not an answer but an additional question. Are there industry standards for "boxes" where the dashed line would be used for a particular object? A beveled box would be for something else and an inset box another type object. (for ex. numeric entry, pushbutton and numeric display, respectively)

Not an answer but an additional question. Are there industry standards for "boxes" where the dashed line would be used for a particular object? A beveled box would be for something else and an inset box another type object. (for ex. numeric entry, pushbutton and numeric display, respectively)

(ZOMBIE THREAD)

No.

Also on the Rockwell site if you dig around there is a VB keypad entry that I use. I also modified it so it will lookup the values for min/max if I pass a 0/0 min/max.