Does anyone have IEC 584 wiring color code

g.robert

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have another issue that just came up. Can anyone supply the exact color code presented in IEC 584. This is for a similar panel that is going to Egypt. There are some 4-20ma two wire signals and some 24VDC two wire lines to solenoids. We used red for positive and black for negative. This is allready done and now their engineers have come back asking for white for positive and black for negative. Does IEC 584 require this?

Far as I remember IEC 584 is European code for CE and its go like that.

Dark blue any DC voltage.
Red any AC control voltage.
You may use Gray or White for 4-20mA.
Black for AC power
Light blue for Neutral.
You are not allowed to use Yellow Or Green at All.
Green/Yellow for Ground.

That the colors who common in Europe.at list for the last 12 years.