Brad Harrison Switches vs Phoenix Contact

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
We are about to take a leap of faith and switch from Phoenix FL SWITCH SFNs to Brad Harrison DRL-250, mainly due to price. $50 savings each as we have a large contract that requires 20 switches in individual panels.

Anyone use the DRL-250s?

Wow,

The Phoenix SFN's 5 ports are $99.00US list and generally in line with everyone else that I know of. Are you saying you can get a DRL-250 for $50.00US?

We're starting to use the DRL250's and they've been great! Slightly better priced than the SFN's, but not that dramatic.

Wow,

The Phoenix SFN's 5 ports are $99.00US list and generally in line with everyone else that I know of. Are you saying you can get a DRL-250 for $50.00US?

Maybe they're getting the DRL-250 for more like $99.00 and the Phoenix SFNs for a lot more? lol. Maybe their supplier hates them and is ripping them off.

Maybe they're getting the DRL-250 for more like $99.00 and the Phoenix SFNs for a lot more? lol. Maybe their supplier hates them and is ripping them off.

I am getting that feeling we are being hosed by our supplier of the Phoenix switches.

We are paying $155 CAD for the phoenix and we are getting a deal of $105 CAD for the DRL-250.

Is this the part? If you select Canadian pricing, price is $109 full retail at Allied Electric.

You might want to have a little chat with your vendor. That's a nice markup for him... I hope he is at least taking you to Morton's Steakhouse in Toronto!

Is this the part? If you select Canadian pricing, price is $109 full retail at Allied Electric.

You might want to have a little chat with your vendor. That's a nice markup for him... I hope he is at least taking you to Morton's Steakhouse in Toronto!

Thats the one !

With mark ups like that , no wonder the compnay owner has a pair of season tickets for the Leafs at the ACC and just bought an ocean front Condo in Fort Lauderdale.

No wonder indeed. Well, hopefuly you don't rely on them for all of your parts, lol. I'd suggest looking into some alternative suppliers and checking their prices. And of course, lead times. At my company, lead times are more important than the price sometimes.

No wonder indeed. Well, hopefuly you don't rely on them for all of your parts, lol. I'd suggest looking into some alternative suppliers and checking their prices. And of course, lead times. At my company, lead times are more important than the price sometimes.

I think some of the big suppliers in Toronto area are now like the gas companies. They all agree on a price for components. It is funny how they all quote the same price for a part and one gives a 'better' deal because of a larger overall order, the other company can match the price.