Faceplate??

Hi.

I have a pretty noob question:
I can see that people who use Wincc flexible, write alot about faceplates.
But i havent figured out why/where/when it is smart to use faceplates. I have never used it my self, and dont realy know what a faceplate is.

I was hoping that you could tell me a little about what a faceplate is used for, or maby send a link so i can read about it. I would also be happy if someone have som good examples of what it is, and where to use them..

Regards
Morten

I believe faceplates are pre-constructed graphic templates that are intended to help minimize HMI development and also maybe help to standardize on some graphics throughout a system.

I have seen faceplates available for: PID tuning, motor control, etc. I have not used faceplates in any of my HMI development but can see some potential benefit if you have limited time, or maybe just an application that would work well with some of the faceplates available.

Not sure if this will help, maybe someone can elaborate more on this subject...

Here is a link

Advantages of faceplates:
  • Central modification - All these faceplates are automatically refreshed when you modify any one of these faceplates.
  • Reuse in other projects - You can archive faceplates in a library for reuse in other projects.
  • Reduction of engineering time - You can quickly integrate frequently used automation components in your configuration. This helps to speed up the implementation of the system expansion.
https://www.automation.siemens.com/...ate-technology/Pages/Default.aspx?HTTPS=REDIR

i have 3 pumpa A,B and C, pump C is standby for A and B i.e if Aand B run C==> stop ,if A stop by fault==> pump C run instead of pump A and so for pump B
Please help me i need the siemens logic for that

i have 3 pumpa A,B and C, pump C is standby for A and B i.e if Aand B run C==> stop ,if A stop by fault==> pump C run instead of pump A and so for pump B
Please help me i need the siemens logic for that