Rockwell faceplate AOI needed, bad tech support

A_G

Lifetime Supporting Member
Basically, I need the latest version of the Rockwell "PF525_Faceplate_AOI"
THe one I have is v1.0 from 2018

I went to the PCDC and typed "Library" in the search box per tech note ID: IN8952 and I have downloaded much of what this yielded, and I got multiple AOIs for Powerflex but not the exact one "PF525_Faceplate_AOI"

I also used tech note "ID: QA19905 | Access Levels: Everyone
PowerFlex 525 Drive AOIs and Faceplates"
This gives a link to a download from 2015???

This week I have talked to 5 different people from Rockwell tech support and received the worst tech support experience of my 15 year career.... I don't know if all the decent Rockwell people were on vacation this week because of Labor day or something, but it was terrible... Usually I'm happy with Rockwell tech support but not this week. Just venting but also curious if anyone else experienced this?

Par for the course with Rockwell. The last tech support contact that was worth it for me was in 2017... Since then, I've been involved with them on some projects and directly contact their project engineers to get any relevant information... and even then it's a crapshoot.

Ok so I talked to yet another Rockwell person today, this time from the Plant Pax team, and he said that this AOI came from the sample code library and so there is no other version. Disappointed but at least now I know

Ok so I talked to yet another Rockwell person today, this time from the Plant Pax team, and he said that this AOI came from the sample code library and so there is no other version. Disappointed but at least now I know

Did you find a problem with the released AOI?

Yes, when using the "PF525_Faceplate_AOI"
Which turned out to be from the sample code library and not Plant Pax
I had the issue described in
tech note "ID: QA19905 | Access Levels: Everyone

Yes, when using the "PF525_Faceplate_AOI"
Which turned out to be from the sample code library and not Plant Pax
I had the issue described in
tech note "ID: QA19905 | Access Levels: Everyone

So, the fix appeared to be to create the data links to/from the drive, that didn't help?

So, the fix appeared to be to create the data links to/from the drive, that didn't help?

I have not tried this yet, the tech note said to get the latest downloads first, but they linked to something from 2015. I then went on a chase to get the latest AOI , but found out today that the Aoi I have is just something from the sample logic library and no update is available. I am now planning to edit the Aoi based on what is necessary to make it work with the drive

This AOI moved from the Sample Code library to PCDC. It is now part of the library that I pointed above.

Was the AOI also renamed and do you know what the new name is? I downloaded library you mentioned and I did see some Pflex AOIs but not one with that exact same name

As far as I know, all AOIs in these PCDC libraries use different names, but basically have the same functionality. I personally don't have any PFlex AOI experience, but I know this was the case with DLR and Stratix AOIs when these were moved from the Sample Code to PCDC.