S5-135u plc (cpu 921)

salah

Hello all,
we have S5-135U PLC CPU 921 (6ES5 921-3UA12). When the mode switch is in RUN position the CPU status indication is in STOP indication with BASP indication is ON. This means that the CPU can not goes to the RUN mode.
Also we have Interface module IM-300 (6ES5 300-3AB11)which is connected between the Centrall Controller Unit and the Expansion Unit. This interface module have active LED which means "I/O Module Failure". As far as I know from siemens document that I/O Module Failure LED lights up if the supply of power to the connected EUs has failed and/or the connecting cable is open-circuit.

Could any body help me about the procedure which I can follow in order to find out the reason why the CPU is in STOP mode and can not RUN the program also I would like to have hardware & software user manual of this type of CPU.

Thank you for your help

Salah Gumma

I am not that familiar with the S5, but I have worked on a FEW.
Try using the search function on the main page of this website. Look for "Search this forum" button. Search for "S5 software". I think that there are options other than the Siemens version.
Another knoweledgeable person will come along and help you out with the fault.

Check for any fusing in the EU power supply, as well as cable connection.

try here..
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/search.php?searchid=1750870

Last edited:
You need to go online & check the IStack this will give you info on what caused the plc to go into stop mode the first page gives the control bits the second the interrupt stack bits & the cause of the stop.

Hello all,
we have S5-135U PLC CPU 921 (6ES5 921-3UA12). When the mode switch is in RUN position the CPU status indication is in STOP indication with BASP indication is ON. This means that the CPU can not goes to the RUN mode.
Also we have Interface module IM-300 (6ES5 300-3AB11)which is connected between the Centrall Controller Unit and the Expansion Unit. This interface module have active LED which means "I/O Module Failure". As far as I know from siemens document that I/O Module Failure LED lights up if the supply of power to the connected EUs has failed and/or the connecting cable is open-circuit.

Could any body help me about the procedure which I can follow in order to find out the reason why the CPU is in STOP mode and can not RUN the program also I would like to have hardware & software user manual of this type of CPU.

Thank you for your help

Salah Gumma

BASP usually indicates a Peripheral word (Analog, expension I/O) is not responding.

You need to go online with the PLC and check the ISTACK to get the address of the card , or cards, that are not responding.

From what I have experienced in the past, a 135U is happy as long as it is kept in a dust free, climate controlled environment.