pcl project

carrma

i want to enter the hour value, then i want convert that value into second. after that, the value moved into data register, d. but, i found that when i enter 24 hours, data register didn't support the value.range of data register is -32768 to 32767 for decimal type. so, what should i do ?
:(

You must do this to 2 consecutive registers DMOV for "doublemove" or DMUL for "doublemultiply" or someting like this ... (What PLC is it???)

Be carefull that if your origine for the hour value is not consecutive with another value...

For instance if you have the hour value in register no. D1234 and the minute values are in register D1235 ... IF you where to double-multiply D1234 to D1000, The math will effectively be applied to D1234 AND D1235.

What you would have to do is, First move D1234 to D500... making certain that there is no values in D501. Then you do a "Double-Multiply" this Double register.

----||-----------( MOV D1234 D500

----||-----------( DMUL D500 K60 D1000

This will take the Long Integer value of D500 (effectively D500 and D501), multiply it by 60 and place the result in the long integer D1000 (and D1001)

Know you have to look at the value in a long integer format. Check your PLC programming software to see how to view it that way.

If you look at it in a short-integer format you'll see only what is in the D1000 register altough all is in the 2 registers... A bit tricky :)

Carma wrote of the list..."i'm using mitsubishi fx series. for now on, my project complete about 70 %. so, i need to replace all the data register with new one. right.
ok. i'll try my best."

Sir, I have a lot of difficulties to hunderstand what you want to accomplish.

Give us What is the end results You want with these data manipulations.

We could give you a very precise answer if you give us a very precise question.

Are you trying to Set the clock?
Are you trying to built a String out of the RTC data?
Are you trying to make a quasi random number generator?

What is it exactly?