OPC and Delphi

Steve Wiebe

Hello All,

A member (JesperMP) suggested uploading a sample of how to use OPC and Delphi to build a simple HMI program.
See http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=52946&page=2

I've uploaded 4 examples to the HMI_Files area:
- A basic example using standard windows components to display PLC data,
- A bit more advanced sample using some freeware components to display data,
- An eample of how to use a marquee from EZAutomation.Net, and
- A report generator with preview.

You'll need the components file as well.

Cheers,
Steve.

Hi STL???,

Everything was written using Delphi 5.
The OPC component I use here works from Delphi 5 and up.
All non-standard components are dynamically created so you don't have to install anything into Delphi if you don't want to. This way the examples will also work with Turbo Delphi too if you have a copy.

Cheers,
Steve.

Good stuff Steve. I have not used Delphi for ages. We used it in some of our first software here because of the ease with graphics. At the the time VB3 was not so friendly in that area.

Anyway now I have another source to point customers to when they ask me for OPC examples in Delphi.

Thanks

Files you will need for all the examples and a small help file are all located in the "OPC and Delphi Components" file. The dOPC component is too big to upload to PLCs.net so there are references to Kassl's website in the documentation as you have already found out.

Steve.