Omron DeviceNet

vinayakid

Hi,
I have a Omron PLC with DeviceNet network. I want some data from this PLC in a Rockwell PLC (CLX L63). The Rockwell PLC also has a DeviceNet. Both the PLCs are on seperate DeviceNets. So for data transfer I thought of using Spanner module (Turck product - FDN-DN1).
Has anybody done this before? Is the Turck spanner module capable of doing such communication?

Why not just use Modbus RTU or stick an AB Device Net master in the loop?

Do not want to have another network here....Can't it be done using Turk Spanner module? Just sticking to DNet on both the sides...

I have never used this device but it certainly looks interesting.

http://www.turck-usa.com/illustrations/B3026_F69.pdf

It looks like it will transfer up to 128 bytes in both directions to and from both PLCs, appearing as I/O to both of them. They can be at different baud rates too, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

I know nothing about Omron, but for the controllogix side of things, you'll need the EDS file to set it up. It can be found under the config heading on this page:

http://www.turck-usa.com/Search/Doc...ure&ForceSearch=1&SearchIn=0,&Pattern=FDN-DN1||

Paul

Another method, depending on what Omron PLC you have, is to add another DeviceNet module to the Omron PLC, and add this to the Rockwell network.
CS1, CJ1, CJ2 PLCs support up to 16 network modules per PLC, and the DRM21 modules for these PLCs can be master, slave, or both simultaneously.