.200 files

Giles M

I uploaded a hardware config from a Siemens S7-315-DP processor recently using Step 7 V5.4 and noticed that some of the nodes on the profibus DP network use .200 files.. notably 3 older Pepperl-Fuchs encoders. Made some changes to another node on the network and saved / compiled and downloaded the hardware config to the processor. Now the online hardware config can see the encoder nodes on the network but does'nt know what they are. Am I correct in saying that I will need to find the old .200 file for these encoders? If I do magically locate it will I be able to use it in Step7 V5.4 hardware config or will I need another software package? This application was developed some years ago and we don't have access to the original code.

Thanks...

Giles

Where are you seeing the reference to the .200 files? In the early days of Profibus the Siemens configuration tool was COM ET200 which produced its config files with the extension .200 but as far a I can remember, it still used .gsd files for slave descriptions.

Nick

Just had a check. Type description files can have a .200 extension. Many are found in the directory: C:\Program Files\SIEMENS\STEP7\S7DATA\NSMET

Nick

Thanks Nick...

The reference to .200 file shows up when I right click on the node icon in the hardware config and select properties. For instance the encoder nodes all show GSD file (type file):pF5046AX.200

Siemens got back to me to say that .200 files are never used with Step7 which is a bit confusing as the hardware config shows the file above.

Perhaps I have to find an older .GSD file for these encoders other than the one located at Pepperl+Fuchs.

Cheers..