factorytalk addressing syntax question

argobamafan

Im working with factorytalk view studio for the first time. I need some addressing syntax examples for a pv1000 to a plc5L40b processor I have an application downloaded to a pv with 1 screen complete with tags have my dh+ shortcut setup in the runtime addressing the plc5 node my blue hose connected with a solid green light on the pv and the processor but when i press a maintained button on the screen i get no input to the plc the buttons are not in error, they change states on the screen but not in the processor i figure it has to be my addressing syntax but i cant find any examples on the net. for example my shortcut is ACB33 so in my tag editor i have an address like ::[ACB33]I:003/00 for a maintained pushbutton could someone please help been on this for 4 days now.

Well, thingy number one, is that you can't write from a touch screen to a physical INPUT module (I:003/00) and expect anything reasonable to happen.
Try writing to a flag bit (B3:271/11 or somesuch), and see if that works better.

This was a last result try with the I:003/00 when I started the address was [ACB33]B15:4/0 that did not work , so i tried an interger that didnt work etc...anyone else?

no i cannot. thats the thing i dont understand how can my buttons not be in an error state but my indicators are?

Are there braces surrounding your tag designation? Like {::[ACB33]I:003/00}

Your problem may be at the RSlinx Enterprise Communication Setup. Can you snapshot your dialog box showing your shortcut and post it here?

Another question. when you downloaded your application to the PV+, did you make sure to check the "Replace Communications" check box in the Transfer Utility?

WAG
I ran into this yesterday on SE not ME pointed to an emulator. Some of my data was coming through and some was not so I stopped and started RSLinx Enterpise and all was well in the world again.

Worth a shot.

sorry i dont have the software to snapshot on this pc but my run time file looks like this

-RSlinx Enterprise, RSLinx Enterprise
-1789-A17, Backplane
-DHPlus, DH+
[PLC5] 31, 1785-L40B, 1785-L40B PLC-5
-Ethernet, Ethernet

sorry i dont have the software to snapshot on this pc but my run time file looks like this

-RSlinx Enterprise, RSLinx Enterprise
-1789-A17, Backplane
-DHPlus, DH+
[PLC5] 31, 1785-L40B, 1785-L40B PLC-5
-Ethernet, Ethernet

Is this your runtime target?

fyi, Press [Print Screen] on your keyboard, open MS Pain, press [ctrl-V], and a pic of your desktop will be created.

Looks good to me, I assume you set the DH+ address on the PV+ to something not used elsewhere.

Do you have RSLinx so that you can hookup to the PLC-5 and look at its DH+ channel to see if the PV+ shows up?