Diagnostic Interrupt Question

John21

When using the diagnostics interrupt functionality of certain modules I am getting errors. Can simply opening the module information and updating the diagnostic interrupt tab cause faults? I have just started seeing some issues which I believe are Profibus related and now I am getting more confused.

S7 400 soft PLC. WINAC. Programming with S7 5.4. Modules are third party supplied but have diagnostic capabilities. I think. They have the tab in the object properties window but when I try to use them I see an "error" message in the top left of the window but none in the actual error message window. I have no clue what is going on. The problems are corrected but I would still like to know why I see this error when trying to use the diagnostic interrupt.